Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kade's Birthday!




Happy Birthday to YOU!


I can hardly believe that Saturday Kade turned 1! I remember my first doctor visit when I found out I was pregnant with Kade. I was told there was no heart beat and to top things off that I had (put in simple terms) a blot clot in my uterus. I made another appointment for a couple weeks later to basically make sure everything had cleared out. I remember that appointment as well and the surprised look on the doctors face when sure enough there was a heartbeat and a baby growing according to schedule. However, I was then told that because of all of the bleeding surrounding the baby that I was still likely to miscarry and if not there was a high chance of pre-term labor and even still birth. Of course it all sounded terrifying but somehow I knew there was a tough dude ready to be born soon NO MATTER WHAT.

So finally when I was almost 32 weeks along Kade made his grand entrance at a whopping 4lbs. After a month in the NICU he was able to come home, much earlier than expected.

At 2 1/2 months Kade was re-admitted for bronchialitis and came home a week later.
At 3 1/2 months Kade was blessed.
At 9 1/2 months Kade was crawling.
At 11 1/2 Kade was walking.

He has had quite a journey and I am SOO proud of him! From 4lbs living to the NICU to 22lbs walking around with so much energy today. WE LOVE YOU KADERS!




What big hand...he he he



First car (incubator/ambulance) ride.


2 1/2 months bronchialitis


Getting ready for Blessing day


Christmas



1 year old!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Tash, I can't believe that Kade is one already! Congrats!! He is lucky to have a mommy who had so much faith in him from day one. Cute pics!

Annette Larsen said...

What a journey! And what a tough little man you have! So happy that he is a happy, healthy 1 year old. yay for Kade!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe he's so big.

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

What a neat birthday tribute to Kade, he is such an amazing kid. We love him!

AMANDA said...

So cute! That little dude is TOUGH. And so stinkin' cute. Happy Birthday, Kade!

James and Jenny said...

He is one tough guy! Time goes by too fast! He is so cute and so big! I can't believe he is one. Happy Birthday Kade!

RBennett said...

Wow...he is super cute! What a great kid!